This position offers the opportunity to work in an enriching environment, with a collaborative, creative, and innovative team, in an entrepreneurial, growing company. Portsmouth, NH's convenient location off I-95 offers an added benefit for anyone looking for a reverse commute!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Hold an active LPN license in the state of New Hampshire.
- Have 5+ years of experience working in direct patient care, healthcare administration, and/or quality assurance.
- Thrive in intellectually simulating environments.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively teach skills and provide re-education.
- Have an aptitude for improving processes and finding efficiencies in everyday tasks.
- View challenging experiences as growth opportunities.
- Demonstrate a history of regularly utilizing creative problem-solving skills.
- Work well with team members and maintain a positive, optimistic attitude.
- Be able to multi-task, adapting to daily changes, prioritizing tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- Understand the power of words, demonstrating excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Communicating with understanding, building rapport with clients and CAREGivers, while collaborating with Client Care Manager to successfully resolve problems to completion.
- Completing onsite visits and evaluations of clients, CAREGivers, and LNAs, in alignment with company standards and state regulations.
- Documenting findings from onsite visits and evaluations timely, flagging Client Care Manager for necessary intervention.
- Conducting CAREGiver and LNA trainings, as delegated by RN, in alignment with company standards and state regulations, documenting those trainings in employee files.
- Identifying opportunities to cultivate existing client schedules/services based on need.
- FULL TIME availability: Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm, with the ability to extend hours later, if required, to ensure all tasks are completed.
- Valid license and car insurance. This position does include travel throughout the seacoast and southern New Hampshire; it is about 60% in-field, 40% in office.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Outlook. Ability to grasp basic healthcare software concepts quickly for tracking and documenting purposes.
- All employees must participate in criminal and motor vehicle background checks, as well as urine drug screens.
If the above requirements and descriptions are a match for you, we encourage you to email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, fax them to 603-433-5655, or visit our website to apply online at www.homeinstead.com/531.
Each Home Instead Senior Care franchise is independently owned and operated. Please note, this job listing is for our PORTSMOUTH, NH location.
|Title:||Clinical Educator and Care Coordinator (LPN)|
Please note that this is the job board for the franchise office located at 70 Temple St, Senior Activity Center, Nashua, NH 03060 and 10 Vaughan Mall Suite 209 Portsmouth, NH 03801. Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated. To find a franchise near you, please visit the Careers page.
For job related questions please call the franchise office at 603-433-5959. If you have any technical problems with this site please call 385-425-2195 for technical assistance.